Hello and welcome to our comprehensive guide on Jungling in League of Legends. If you’re new to the game or looking to improve your skills in this role, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Jungling, from what it is, to how to get started, to advanced strategies that will help you climb the ranks. So let’s get started!
What is Jungling?
Jungling is one of the five roles in League of Legends, where a player roams the map and farms neutral monsters in the jungle. This role is crucial to the success of a team, as it allows the Jungler to gain experience and gold while also providing support to their laners. The Jungler is responsible for securing objectives, ganking lanes, and controlling vision on the map.
How to Get Started as a Jungler
If you’re new to the role of Jungler, there are a few things you need to know before you jump in. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Understand the different types of Junglers: There are four main types of Junglers in League of Legends: Assassins, Tanks, Fighters, and Mages. Each type has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to choose a Jungler that fits your playstyle.
- Learn the Jungle routes: Before you start playing as a Jungler, it’s important to learn the different Jungle routes and which monsters to prioritize. This will help you optimize your farming and minimize the risk of being caught out by the enemy team.
- Communicate with your team: As a Jungler, you need to be aware of what’s happening on the map at all times. Make sure to communicate with your laners and coordinate ganks to help secure kills and objectives.
Table: Types of Junglers
|Assassins||High damage, mobility||Squishy, weak in team fights|
|Tanks||Durable, good crowd control||Low damage, slow clear speed|
|Fighters||Good damage, sustain||Can be kited, vulnerable to CC|
|Mages||High burst damage, utility||Squishy, mana-dependent|
Advanced Jungling Strategies
Once you’ve mastered the basics of Jungling, it’s time to take your skills to the next level. Here are some advanced strategies that will help you climb the ranks:
Counter-Jungling is the act of invading the enemy’s Jungle and stealing their camps. This can be a risky strategy, but it can also be very rewarding if done correctly. To successfully Counter-Jungle, you need to be aware of the enemy Jungler’s location and timing, as well as their clear speed and health. By stealing their camps, you deny them gold and experience, which can put them behind in the game.
Ganking is the act of ambushing an enemy laner with the intention of securing a kill or forcing them to use their summoner spells. There are several techniques that can help you successfully gank a lane:
- Flanking: This involves coming from behind the enemy laner, which can catch them off guard and make it harder for them to escape.
- Baiting: This involves pretending to leave a lane, only to come back and surprise the enemy laner when they least expect it.
- Diving: This involves tower diving the enemy laner, which can be risky but can also secure a kill and put your team ahead.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the best Jungler for beginners?
A: The best Jungler for beginners is typically a Tank or Fighter, as they are more forgiving and have a lower skill floor.
Q: How do I clear the Jungle camps efficiently?
A: To clear the Jungle camps efficiently, you need to use your abilities and auto-attacks in a specific order. Make sure to kite the monsters to avoid taking too much damage.
Q: When should I gank a lane?
A: You should gank a lane when the enemy laner is overextended or low on health, or when your laner has set up a good opportunity for a gank.
Q: How do I control vision on the map as a Jungler?
A: To control vision on the map, you need to buy and place wards in strategic locations. Make sure to clear enemy wards as well to deny them vision.
Q: What should I do if I fall behind as a Jungler?
A: If you fall behind as a Jungler, focus on farming and catching up in levels. Make sure to communicate with your team and avoid making risky plays.
That concludes our guide on Jungling in League of Legends. We hope you found this article helpful and informative. Remember, Jungling can be a challenging role, but with practice and dedication, you can become a skilled and successful Jungler. Good luck on the Rift!